Traditional change management approaches have been around for decades, yet more than 70% of change efforts still fail.
Our approach focuses on predicting, measuring and managing the change from day one. As a result we have a reputation for delivering successful change initiatives.
Our approach is embedded in all of our engagements and helps our clients realise results consistently and predictably.
We do this by focusing our efforts on:
- Change at an individual level
We help individuals succeed with the change (often despite their initial discomfort), starting by identifying the employees most affected explaining the reason for the change, and a clear picture of the destination.
- Bringing their new future to life
We create a clear and compelling vision of the future state, ensuring that the solution is credible and creating pull for the change.
- Building a sponsorship spine
By identifying leadership talent and ensuring that leaders work effectively together we build a healthy Sponsorship Spine and utilise intentional processes to cascade commitment along the spine through the front line and key stakeholders.
- Delivering the value
By developing a realistic transformation plan informed by the organisation’s capacity to absorb change and establishing a governance structure to ensure effective, efficient decision-making we are able to maintain a focus on realisation while creating the plan and measuring progress.
- Building to sustain the change
By challenging and possibly modifying the organisational enablers (roles, structure and culture) and adapting systems and technology to support the change. We also ensure feedback loops are established and response mechanisms are enabled and be evolved as needed to ensure enduring results.
Our Change Management Methodology
The Advisory Hub approaches change management in a number of ways.
For us, change management is about how we reduce and manage resistance to change, how we drive the adoption and usage we need to realise business results and how we use processes, tools and techniques to deliver sustainable change results.
Our Change Management approach is based on our Discover, Plan, Transform methodology, and adopts activities and principles from a number of popular methodologies and models including the Prosci® Change Management methodology and the Kotter Model for Leading Change.
The three phases of our methodology are:
- Building Business Readiness
- Business Process Design
- Change Impact, Mapping, Tracking and Reporting
- Business Readiness Tracking & Assessment
- Building a vision for the change
- Conducting a change impact assessment
- Developing the change management strategy
- Developing the sponsorship and stakeholder model
- Preparing the change management team
- Developing the change management infrastructure
- Strategic stakeholder analysis
- Developing the change management plan, which includes communication, training, coaching and stakeholder engagement
- Removing change obstacles
- Developing the stakeholder engagement plan
- Finalising the change network
- Taking action and implementing plans
- Managing quality
- Collecting and analysing feedback
- Diagnosing gaps and managing resistance
- Implementing corrective actions and celebrating success
- Iterative process of transforming and reinforcing transformation
- Conducting benefits realisation measurement and activities
Our three-phased approach to Change Management is underpinned by our approaches to organisational communication and quality assurance.
If you want to learn more about our approach to Change, please contact us on 07-3041 4156.